2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender road test review - all about the image, glitz & glamour! | OVERDRIVE
13:12
Reddit
The Toyota Fortuner is a household name in India now, and you have to be living under a rock to have not heard about its legacy. Of course, it can smash those rocks too and crawl over them to scale great inclines, but the reason for which it has been scaling high on the sales charts is because of the image it portrays. It announces to the world (or at least casts that image) that you have arrived in life, or are a person of power, or are simply enabling your wanderlust with one of the most capable SUVs out there. Now there is a parallel model line that has taken shape under the Fortuner’s umbrella - one that wears a more polished style and calls itself the Toyota Fortuner Legender. This video will tell you more about this flagship variant of the Toyota Fortuner. Let us know in the comments what you think about it.

#ToyotaFortuner #ToyotaFortunerLegender #FortunerLegender
0:00 Introduction
0:36 Exterior Styling
3:26 Interior Styling & Features
5:09 Rear Seat Space & Comfort
6:00 Safety Features
6:10 Engine & Gearbox Performance
9:45 Ride & Handling
11:05 Off-Road
11:33 Verdict
12:25 Comparison With Rivals

SUBSCRIBE to OVERDRIVE for India's best automotive content! www.overdrive.in/subscribe/
OVERDRIVE is India's biggest auto media with India's most awarded television show, this INlabel channel, a magazine that's been the best of the best for over 20 years and more. OVERDRIVE offers a wonderful spread of automotive content including tests, reviews, comparisons, reports from motor shows, travel stories and more.
Shortcuts to OVERDRIVE's stories:
Latest reviews
www.overdrive.in/reviews/
Comparison tests of new cars and new motorcycles
www.overdrive.in/reviews/comparo/
The very latest motorcycle and scooter reviews
www.overdrive.in/reviews/bikes/
OVERDRIVE's feature stories
www.overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/features
Head to www.overdrive.in for breaking news, news analysis and all the events as they happen in the automobile market globally and especially in India.
Or follow us
Facebook facebook.com/odmag
Twitter twitter.com/odmag
Instagram instagram.com/odmag

ਟਿੱਪਣੀਆਂ
  • Zeze Ba
    Zeze Ba

Murdered out Legender would look nice

• Rick Banerjee
    Rick Banerjee

Jump to 2:17, the bidding on the roof is already coming out! Wah toyota!

• Harwinder Singh
    Harwinder Singh

expensive wrap

• Adithya J K
    Adithya J K

After seeing the review the only question in mind - "Why the hell did they launch it...!?"

• james d
    james d

I would go with ford endeavour. Best in its segment

• arpit prakash
    arpit prakash

Fortuner is Maruti of big SUVs. The car is not par with today's standards, but People are buy due to low maintenance and good resale value.

• Sampathraj Odeyar
    Sampathraj Odeyar

My dream car

• yashveer singh rajput
    yashveer singh rajput

That's why I love endeavour..atleast it offers that premium feel with that heck of a price.. I love fortuner exterior but it really sucks when it comes to interior.. I don't understand why they don't upgrade it.. even mahindra scorpio has a better interior than this..

• Mark Shokeen
    Mark Shokeen

Fortuner 4x4 MT all the way. Drive it to believe it (pre-facelift)

• kaihtheloner
    kaihtheloner

3:44 - The interiors look so garish and grotesque 😳

• Amitabh chaturvedi
    Amitabh chaturvedi

Nothing change in interior even no sunroof no electric hand break better option available in this price 👎

• Gurminder Singh
    Gurminder Singh

4x4 is better than Legender. Such heavy suv without 4x4 is a sitting duck

• Venkat Anish
    Venkat Anish

The general public would greatly appreciate if you could show a night time shot of every car's headlights and their performance.

• Rishabh Rana1999
    Rishabh Rana1999

4wd kab aygi legender

• king Khan
    king Khan

How can u take 30 lakh + and still joy provide sun roof

• Pallav Hero Uchida
    Pallav Hero Uchida

Legender is a total gimmick. The regular fortuner is the deal

• Ankush Thakrod
    Ankush Thakrod

Endeavor sport rocks❤

• Vivaan Park
    Vivaan Park

Interior is fully jhatu

• mukeash dsp
    mukeash dsp

Petrol diesal price is so high in bjp worst government.there after car selling is low don't worry ..

• Shoaib Mirza
    Shoaib Mirza

Toyota stop fooling people! Redesigned bumper n light layouts doesn't make any car a 'legender' rather be it called 'lavender' from 'rose'.

• abs ash
    abs ash

Greedy man's Black money car..!

• Mohit Soni
    Mohit Soni

If Toyota were listening to customer feedback they would have added panoramic sunroof by now. For 40+Lacks without sunroof is not a very premium deal.

• Dharmesh Patel
    Dharmesh Patel

Ford endeavour is god,.. 4funer is like air balloon 🎈 😀

• Maheshkumar D
    Maheshkumar D

Not sure why fortuner not getting captain seats in middle row.

• Vicky Saini
    Vicky Saini

4×2 hai.. fir to off-roading me use nahi hai

• Robins Mangat
    Robins Mangat

Great video..

• ravinder Reddy
    ravinder Reddy

There no sunroof

• suresh M
    suresh M

Ford Endeavour will be a better option considering the huge price tag this Fortuner has on its head with no features at all

• AJ MAG
    AJ MAG

Ruined It

• Abhishek Kusre
    Abhishek Kusre

Does not justify the cost!

• CA KIRAN
    CA KIRAN

Such a good car lacks Sunroof..

• Ritik Gahlawat
      Ritik Gahlawat

Can you afford it?

• Mann Fasra
    Mann Fasra

4×4 fortuner over this.

• Samuel Varghese
    Samuel Varghese

Ford Endy is the best

• KSHITIZ KUMAR
    KSHITIZ KUMAR

I should buy legender or fortuner 4 by 4

• The Last Life
    The Last Life

But more important is the safety

• NINJA KNIGHT
    NINJA KNIGHT

Toyota owns lexus

• Vaibhav
    Vaibhav

Unfortunately Front looks like grown up Tata Nexon !

• Yuvraj Sood
    Yuvraj Sood

Good that this dodo is happy..ha ha

• Andy G
    Andy G

No 4X4 not good

• Harsh /
    Harsh /

This is called true review fortuner lovers

• mazbpl
    mazbpl

What a stupid logic to not offer 4WD in top of the line variant..whats the point of buying the most expensive SUV which is only as capable as a van or a high clearance car..totally absurd!!

• Prathamesh Ghatol
    Prathamesh Ghatol

Waste of a car 😂 anyone with that amount of cash would go for German Cars! Instead of just a body kitted fortuner

• Prathamesh Ghatol
      Prathamesh Ghatol

@Jagdip Singh I would agree to that with you, but the excess of 7 lakhs for a body kitted fortuner is just too much and not justified at all!

• Jagdip Singh
      Jagdip Singh

@Prathamesh Ghatol it doesn't matter if you go offroading or not, rural roads are rough enough. Also, the ladder frame chasis is very durable, independent suspension allows for perfect vehicle articulation. The fortuner is based on the Hilux ute, in the European segment, only a landrover defender and mercedes g wagon can compare. Rest are city cars.

• Prathamesh Ghatol
      Prathamesh Ghatol

@Jagdip Singh but have you ever seen anyone going offroad in India! I've never been in a fortuner which went offroad, the 4×4 mode is never used, unless you are an enthusiast!

• Jagdip Singh
      Jagdip Singh

No Germany car has a proper 4x4 low range gear box with proper 4x4 diff locks and offroad credibilities. That's why the Toyota Suv's outsell the European counterpart in most countries in the world.

• arpit prakash
      arpit prakash

@A҉p҉p҉u҉ Maintenance costs.

• S. K. N.
    S. K. N.

Haw ga mast hay sahi bat hay

• Utkarsh Singh
    Utkarsh Singh

Seems to be much biased or paid video

• SHARVIL SUTAR
    SHARVIL SUTAR

What's the point of getting a full size SUV especially a Fortuner and not having 4*4 drive, it's just waste of money.

• Anshuman Bhoi
    Anshuman Bhoi

Ugly

• Prasad Deshmukh
    Prasad Deshmukh

Nice 🙂

• Ricky Thukral
    Ricky Thukral

40 lakhs and buying a Toyota😅😂 Kidding me!!

• abhilash soman
    abhilash soman

Toyota makes worst interior for Indian market

• Prateek Chopra
    Prateek Chopra

Cheap plastic outdated interior and why toyota is giving same old 6 speakers low music system in legender infact is should be better than regular fortuner. How can i forgot about cheap satin black wrap on legender isse acha toh ford ne hi kia tha even ford charging 1 lakh more for endeavor sport atleast painted toh dere hai. Sahi kaat rhe hai logon ka and funny part is mere neighbor ka kaat chuka hai 44 lakh ka as he has booked legender

• ATTITUDE WORLD
    ATTITUDE WORLD

When pajero sport launching in india

• Dr Sameer Bagewadikar
    Dr Sameer Bagewadikar

Inspite of owner of the fortuner i am writing this comment guys please dont waste your money on this stupid vehicle. Worst ride quality and handling is also poor. So please please its my request don't ever think to buy #Toyotafortuner its a big waste. #fordendeavour is far far better option by all means.

• MAHENDRA SINGH
    MAHENDRA SINGH

interiors does not justify the price

• Rubal singh
    Rubal singh

Same depressing interior not worth 40 lakh

• David Tripura
    David Tripura

Is ther sunroof?

• Raman Bobade
    Raman Bobade

Those figures seem to be false. How can an endeavour with a smaller engine return less fuel efficiency than a fortuner?

• Praneel Deshmukh
      Praneel Deshmukh

Body weight

• vysakh shaji
    vysakh shaji

I will go for fortuner 4x4 and add the legender body panels... so that I can a 4x4 legender with lesser price than the normal legender... And definitely will go better black paint roofing.. But new Ford Endeavor push me back from this buy...😀

• Chethan Rathna
    Chethan Rathna

Cost is more with limited feature and cabin insulation is horrible and can hear all noise from outside to inside and without sunroof. The dash board doesn’t look posh. We have more best power train in this segment other than this model. It has captured that impression with all real estate and political people are buying it simply without accessing its value for money.

• Adi G
    Adi G

White Fortuner = politicos and Land Mafia ...lol

• Uday Ram
    Uday Ram

Chinese Mg Hector Interiors Is Better Than Toyota Interiors What A Shame Wrap For Roof ????

• Born Fighter
    Born Fighter

I thought it to be a Brezza expecting around 13 lakhs..Bulshit

• Alok Mohanty
    Alok Mohanty

Worst front design in fortuner history🤥☹️

• Eden jacob suresh
      Eden jacob suresh

Yes

• gms .fashionr
    gms .fashionr

No worth

• Guru S Hiremath
    Guru S Hiremath

Sir, how is suspension compare to 4×4 fortuner & Legender

• Mansoor Ahmed
    Mansoor Ahmed

Interiors are at par with Maruti, doesn't look like a 40+ big ones segment

• chirash333
    chirash333

I mean a 4*2 SUV at this price without SUNROOF.. seems review was very Toyota centric. It will be good if you can do a honest comparison with Gloster and Endy

• shaheed cv
    shaheed cv

Interior still in 2000😂😂😂😂

• panks 1
    panks 1

Still no sunroof..

• ദശമൂലം ദാമു
    ദശമൂലം ദാമു

2:24 what the hell is that My neighbour will wrap a car better than this.

• Eden jacob suresh
      Eden jacob suresh

@ദശമൂലം ദാമു 😅💪

• ദശമൂലം ദാമു
      ദശമൂലം ദാമു

@Eden jacob suresh pinnallah😂

• Eden jacob suresh
      Eden jacob suresh

Malyalai poli alle 😎

• ദശമൂലം ദാമു
    ദശമൂലം ദാമു

I love that interior when i am 10 y/o Now i am 20. (Its too outdated and overpriced)

• SHAKTISINH JADEJA
    SHAKTISINH JADEJA

Why is it not given to Sunroof all fortuner ?

• Hemu Sinha
    Hemu Sinha

I somehow feel its interior is not worth 45lkh.

• Techi Komnia
      Techi Komnia

you feel?? toyota humme loote hai yaha india me

• Madhu Gowda
    Madhu Gowda

Very buteful car

• Akhilesh B Chandran
    Akhilesh B Chandran

1. Loves your review! 2. Better upgrade your camera. The video looks more like shot on a cheap mobile cam. 3. Fortuner is a mighty beast and being a Japanese brand, it is reliable. No doubt. 4. But interior looks way too old. No good techs & features either. Doesn't look premium, even though it falls on the premium price bracket. 5. Exterior is okayish, but doesn't give the wow factor. I mean look at that black shade connecting the two headlights at front. It doesn't go fine with the great headlights. Looks cheap. Rear looks good though. 6. Look at the infotainment system @4:11 They could have improved it. I mean, hey Toyota, please hire a good designer. Look at the Tata cars now! They used to look outdated before, but their designs are way more better now. Look at Kawasaki bikes(Japanese brand), I love their designs.

• Bhadresh Vyas
    Bhadresh Vyas

Good 2021 but high price with less basic futures

• bruce bane
    bruce bane

How long is Toyota going to sell the same car twice the price

• Vaibhav Sharma
    Vaibhav Sharma

I like fortuner 4×4

• yashvardhan Singh Shekhawat
    yashvardhan Singh Shekhawat

45 lakhs and still with these interiors a 25 lakh jeep compass has better interiors than this with a panaromic sunroof. Seriously Toyota

• Jamie Bogoom
    Jamie Bogoom

I'm going with M.G. Gloster or Glochester. With M.G. you get what u pay for. Thanks.

• cbrcoder
      cbrcoder

Congrats on selecting an unknown Chinese engine.

• abhishek pansare
    abhishek pansare

Indian aftermarket car modifier must be dying convert Normal Fortuner 4*4 into Legender by installing after market Legender bumper..#Legender4*4

• Rafdor
      Rafdor

My thoughts exactly. But the headlights on new fortuner are a little different which means that one will have to buy those headlights too. Anyway I hope we get these aftermarket parts soon.

• Paavan Shetty
    Paavan Shetty

Giant of a car.....giant of a review.....all points covered, but could have shown the normal fortuner a bit from the outside and the subtle changes it has got over the out going one. Overall the review is as likable as the car itself!👍🏼

• saurav kumar
    saurav kumar

Better to take 4x4 rather than this. Which will save money and give some extra capabilities which might be used some day

• 9646swapnil
    9646swapnil

Still a Panaromic sunroof is missing

• Aditya Pareek
    Aditya Pareek

Still no sunroof?

• Aditya Karandikar
    Aditya Karandikar

Why wouldn’t anyone get a Kia Carnival over this? It’s a better highway cruiser.

• Anirban Sarkar
    Anirban Sarkar

Superb review. Detailed review indeed.

• Copcon
    Copcon

Unless you have not choice....only the Dumb as a cow would buy any brand new ICE/hybrid car.

• 1205shyam
    1205shyam

Fortuner 4x4 for me!

• pritish mohanty
    pritish mohanty

BEST TOYOTA FORTUNER LEGENDER REVIEW TILL DATE..... BOOKED THE LEGENDER AND CANT WAIT FOR THE DELIVERY ... I WAS EAGERLY WAITING FOR THIS VIDEO ... THANK YOU SO MUCH OVERDRIVE AND ROHIT SIR FOR SUCH AN AMAZING REVIEW...

• Apoorv Saxena
      Apoorv Saxena

Bad choice

• Raghav Garg
    Raghav Garg

Overall excellent Suv but according to me only one thing missing that is Sunroof.

• swami boo
    swami boo

Ugly AF

• Vishal Kripalani
    Vishal Kripalani

Bhai do you know why we say boycott Chinese product I tell you, Which country has the most powerful economy Think It’s China why so Where does Apple product made Where does Tesla is being made In most of the product why it’s written made in China Ok so what happen if we boycott does it matter anything Well they are becoming bank because most of the money go to China either by tax or may be in different way Bank really how So China has the most money or make a lot of money So China provide loan to other country or provide service And what if a any loan is unable toto give back to bank or if any country doesn’t able to payback China The owner will be China or have majority of power Pakistan is one of that country Source Abhi and Niyu

• Ronish Shethna
    Ronish Shethna

This interior should have expiry date 5 years ago

• Zayd Camilo
      Zayd Camilo

Cool website! it doesn't look too fancy, but it actually worked :P

• Karsyn Mordechai
      Karsyn Mordechai

not sure if anyone gives a shit but I just hacked my girlfriends Instagram account using InstaPortal. You can find it by Googling :D

• Why So Serious
      Why So Serious

This car is way too overpriced

• Sweety Singh
      Sweety Singh

It feels good when you are in

• Samarth Khandelwal
    Samarth Khandelwal

Nice review but what about the main fortuner

• aditya bhutani
    aditya bhutani

Hello Rohit.. fortuner 4*4 2021 or endeavour 2020 confused 🤷‍♂️

• Prasun Roy
    Prasun Roy

ass

• Jaiveer Brar
    Jaiveer Brar

Why the hell couldn’t they give the 11 speaker JBL system in this is beyond me.

• Manik Verma
    Manik Verma

First of all, wonderful review Rohit. Clearly the best out on whole youtube. But answer to your question is the legenger is not worth the premium its charging. The 2-3 extra features you get like wireless charging and ambient lights you can add on as genuine accessories at much lower price, on regular fortuner as well. Its wise to go for 4×4 instead. The regular version also looks wonderful. Toyota should have introduced 4×4 only in the legender version, with same features as in Legender, at same price, althouth its already pricer than the competition by 3-4 lacs it would have tripled the sales of it.

• Arul Aranganayagi A S
    Arul Aranganayagi A S

Do a video on Fortuner 2021...like this one which is actually crystal clear.

• shubhromu
    shubhromu

What a stupid name

ਅੱਗੇ
Petrol Paavangal 2 | Parithabangal
11:42
1.7 ਮਿਲੀਅਨ
New 2021 Escalade | The Super Tech SUV!
12:20
2.1 ਮਿਲੀਅਨ
Petrol Paavangal 2 | Parithabangal
11:42